Corporate Social Investment
Our purpose is to ensure that we constructively contribute towards building and enhancing the quality of life of the people in the community, with particular emphasis on the historically disadvantaged, within which we operate.
Guiding Principles for Social Responsibility
- Our social responsibility actions will be dealt with against the following background:
- Donations are generally directed primarily at education, health, community skills upliftment, charitable organisations, environmental needs and crime prevention.
- Investing in programmes where real needs exist.
- Focusing on areas where our employees live.
- Supporting projects that are politically neutral and avoiding those that are driven by self interest agendas.
- Where appropriate, we will align with other social investors to maximise impact.
- Complementing but not absolving government of social responsibility.
- Responding to appeals for assistance and endeavouring to proactively initiate solutions.
Corporate Social Investment News